How Live Dealer Games Can Affect Your Online Experience
Modern technology allows gamblers to enjoy the complete gambling experience without leaving the comfort of their cozy homes.
The best example of this are live dealer games in which you can play casino poker and other table games directly through a stream.
Live dealer games are only getting more popular and more immersive with each passing year. But, do you know how these games work? Moreover, are you familiar with the pros and cons of live dealer games?
In this article, we’ll cover all of this to help you get a better understanding of how live dealer games can affect your online casino experience.
How Do Online Live Dealer Games Work?
Live dealer online casino games use very sophisticated setups to emulate the feel of gambling in a real brick-and-mortar casino.
These games are organized in specially designed studios equipped with cameras. The cameras are set up to show you the dealer and the nearby environment, creating a feeling that you’re really sitting at a casino table and playing your favorite game.
This content is streamed across the Internet to all casino customers playing at a particular site. Many Genesis Casinos offer a variety of live options.
When it comes to the gameplay itself, it doesn’t differ significantly from the one you come across when playing regular online casino games.
That said, one notable difference is the presence of a chat bar. You can type in messages to the dealer, and they can reply to you directly through the stream.
This adds significantly to the immersion and makes live dealer games much more social than standard online casino games.
What Are the Advantages of Live Dealer Games
Live dealer online casino games offer some great and unique advantages you can’t find in any other types of casino games. With this in mind, let’s take a closer look at the most significant advantages of live dealer games:
- Real Casino Feel Without The Hassle – Live dealer games combine the best of online and land-based gambling. They provide you with the convenience of playing online with the immersion of playing at a live dealer table. This makes for an authentic and riveting online gambling experience.
- Exclusive Promotions – Many online casinos create exclusive promotions for their live dealer games players. This provides gamblers with added value, as they can make sure they’re getting the most for their money.
- The Live Casino Never Closes – Unlike land-based casinos, which sometimes don’t work around the clock, online live casinos are open around the clock. There’s no waiting in line, and you can play whenever and from wherever you want.
- Dedicated Live Casino Tables – With the aim of providing the ultimate gambling experience, live dealer games often come in exclusive variations, such as VIP tables for big spenders. Some casinos even offer live dealer games with native-speaking dealers covering a handful of languages.
Disadvantages of Live Dealer Games
Playing live dealer games online undoubtedly comes with a long list of advantages. However, to get the complete picture of how live dealer games can affect your online experience, we also need to take a closer look at the other side of the coin.
With that in mind, here are the biggest disadvantages of live dealer games:
- Slightly Limited Selection – The selection of live casino games can’t be compared to the choice of regular online casino games and land-based casino dealer games. Live casinos often only offer the most popular games like blackjack, roulette, baccarat, and, sometimes, 3 Card Poker.
- Technical Errors Can Happen – When you’re playing in a land-based casino, technical errors are impossible, as there’s only you and the dealer. However, with online live dealer games, apps can crash, and Internet connections can break.
- Higher Betting Limits – It goes without saying that live dealer games cost the casino site more money to run than standard non-live casino games. This is why most live dealer games have higher betting limits and are often unsuitable for players with very small bankrolls.
Live dealer casino games definitely offer a unique experience you should try if you’re a fan of online gambling.
And, now that you know how they work and are familiar with the most significant pros and cons, you’re fully prepared for playing live dealer games!