Online Slots RTP Guidelines
If you love playing slots, whether online with games like the Raging Rhino slot, or at a land-based casino, you must have seen the term RTP mentioned. RTP or Return to Player is a necessary term that can determine your chances of winning at that slot game.
Understanding online slots RTP guidelines is vital to decide the best online slots to play or the games to avoid.
RTP Guidelines: Overview
RTP is an acronym for Return to Play. It simply denotes the percentage or rate a slot pays back to the players over a great number of spins. For instance, if a slot has an RTP of 95%, it means that it gives back 95 out of a 100 (€ or $) that goes into it.
You should also realize that this number is often aggregated to millions of spins across thousands of players also enjoying the games you play.
Naturally, there’s no way to calculate the number of spins at a given time. But game developers have figured out the best way to ensure that a slot with 95% RTP gives back 95% of the money that goes into the slot back to the customers. The bottom line is that the casino takes 5%.
RTP Versus Variance
RTP and variance are not the same, although they are similar. Variance basically illustrates how a game’s RTP is realized.
So, lower variance slots are designed to have more minor frequent hits, which helps you maintain your money pots and play as many spins. Higher variance games, in contrast, will have their RTP featured in the bonuses leading to big wins.
That said, to make up for those big wins, the high variance game won’t have a lot of small or medium wins in its base game.
Typically, the higher the RTP, the higher your chances of winning, but this isn’t always true, especially for highly volatile games, which can go through thousands of spins before getting anywhere close to the RTP.
General Themes Around RTPs
- Jackpot and progressive slots usually have lower than the standard RTPs because each spin builds towards the jackpot. So even when the progressive slot has a 94% RTP advertised, the RTP actually works towards the jackpot itself. But unless you win the jackpot, the RTP for the rest of the game would be notably lower.
- Land-based casinos with physical slot machines have lower RTPs than online slot machines. The RTP for physical slot machines may be as low as 84% or lesser. This is largely because land-based casinos have bigger expenses and limited running facilities. In contrast, online casinos can reach across nations.
- Never play a game from an unlicensed and unregulated casino, even when they advertise high RTP settings.
- Stick to reputable casinos offering RTPs higher than 95%.
- RTPs may also be subject to location. For instance, 85% is acceptable in Australia, while Eastern Europe opts for 90% at the very least.
- The most effective way to influence the RTP of your game is to play with deposit bonuses. This allows you to enhance playtime, without wagering your own money.
Land-based casinos offer different RTP percentages than the best online slots. You should always stick to games that offer higher RTP to maximize your chances of winning big when playing slots.